Flexible Networks: Storage & DSR Conference
As energy networks prepare to meet the demands of a flexible power system, Network, the UK's only dedicated media brand for engineers in gas, power and heat networks, is launching Flexible Networks: Storage & DSR - a unique conference exploring today's solutions to tomorrow's challenges.
9th May 2017 by Networks
The conference will explore the drivers for flexibility and set the strategic context, before diving into the detail of operational and technical solutions around storage and DSR, including the latest findings from innovation-funded studies. It will ask how customers and other stakeholders can be engaged in the transition, and will look at the role of flexibility beyond the network, at grid-level.
This CPD-certified event provides the opportunity to:
- Reflect on the Smart Systems Consultation and what it means for networks
- Hear directly from Ofgem to gain a crucial insight into RIIO2
- The journey for networks to achieve flexibility
- Access the benefits of demand side response to defer network reinforcement
- Understand the role that interconnection plays in supporting flexibility
- Capitalise on the opportunities of a decarbonised future
Senior-level speakers sharing their experiences include:
- Jonathan Brearley, Senior partner, networks, Ofgem
- Scott Mathieson, Network planning and regulation director, SP Energy Networks
- Phil Sheppard, Director of network strategy, National Grid
- Steven Edwards, Director of regulation and commercial, Wales and West Utilities
- Nick Phillips, Head of investment planning, Northern Gas Networks
- Stewart Reid, Head of asset management and innovation, SSE Networks
- Sotiris Georgiopoulos, Head of smart grid development, UK Power Networks
- Steve Cox, Engineering & technical director, Electricity North West
You can see the full agenda, download the brochure, view the complete list of speakers and register at: http://events.networks.online/flexible/
For further details, please contact Carla Staden on (01342) 332016 or email email@example.com
For exhibition and sponsorship possibilities please contact Helen Smith on +44 (0)1342 332109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Login on register to comment
Cadent backs launch of major bio-CNG HGV refuelling station
Gas network’s £250,000 infrastructure investment ensures supplies to existing connected customers have not been impacted
Editor’s blog: The biggest tests of resilience are yet to come
Network content director Jane Gray reflects on the industry's coronavirus response to date and the challenges still to come.
From the front line: Chris Garside and Andy Simcoe, Northern Gas Networks
Key workers across the power and gas networks are playing a critical role in the national response to Coronavirus. Network has committed to profiling their stories.
Related supplier content
People & Skills
‘Learning by doing’ on the road to net zero [test product]
DSO director Andrew Roper discusses 'Learning by doing'
Load patterns and lockdown: how Covid-19 is impacting electricity networks
Insights into dynamics on the low voltage network as the outbreak unfolds
How E.ON. is helping the City of London become a zero emissions city
Discover Citigen. Deep in the heart of our bustling capital