Utility Week Health, Safety & Wellbeing Conference
The 2019 Utility Week Health, Safety and Wellbeing Conference is the only event dedicated to the whole utility sector. It brings together leading health, safety and wellbeing experts and professionals to share their latest thoughts, learnings and examples of best practice from within the industry.
17th June 2019 by Networks
In the UK utility supply industry 4.2% of employees suffered from work-related illness in 2017-18, this highlights the need to innovate and improve to get closer to the perfect health and safety record. The 2019 Utility Week Health, Safety and Wellbeing Conference provides the only dedicated meeting place for health, safety and wellbeing professionals across utilities to share their thoughts, learnings and examples of best practice.
Expert speakers include:
• Nicola Johnson, Director of HSSE and engineering governance, E.ON
• Dr Judith Grant, Director of health and wellbeing, Mace
• Andrew Grant, Head of safety and quality, Northern Gas Networks
• Joe Murphy, Head of health, safety, security and wellbeing, Southern Water
• Dame Carol Black, Expert health adviser, NHS England & Public Health England
• Carol Moore, H&S Manager, Statutory Compliance & Independent Assurance, Thames Water
• Gerry Mulholland, HSEQ director, Amey
• Owen Wilson, Networks safety manager, Gas Networks Ireland
Join 130+ health, safety and wellbeing professionals from the UK’s largest utilities to:
• Debate the challenges and opportunities surrounding mental health at work
• Collaborate with your peers to explore how to build a clear, strong and effective H&S culture
• Hear how best to visualise, manage and escalate risk in large complex organisations
Login on register to comment
Cadent backs launch of major bio-CNG HGV refuelling station
Gas network’s £250,000 infrastructure investment ensures supplies to existing connected customers have not been impacted
Editor’s blog: The biggest tests of resilience are yet to come
Network content director Jane Gray reflects on the industry's coronavirus response to date and the challenges still to come.
From the front line: Chris Garside and Andy Simcoe, Northern Gas Networks
Key workers across the power and gas networks are playing a critical role in the national response to Coronavirus. Network has committed to profiling their stories.
Related supplier content
Zero Harm supplement
'31.2 million working days were lost to work-related illness and workplace injury between 2016 and 2017' *(Health and Safety Executive)
Network explains heat networks
Commonplace in Europe and gaining in popularity here
Vaisala Optimus provides Continuous Monitoring of Gassing Transformer
Leading industrial measurement provider Vaisala collaborates with Fingrid (Finland's national transmission system operator). Their study demonstrates that