Utility Week Energy Summit
The Utility Week Energy Summit is the leading event for energy producers, distributors, retailers, government, investors, consultants and wider stakeholders to debate and shape UK energy policy.
16th March 2017 by Networks
The 2017 event will reassess Britain’s place in a post-Brexit world; take a pragmatic approach to medium-term energy strategy; assess the challenges and opportunities of an integrated energy system; and tackle the best way forward to realise a long-term energy vision in the UK.
The day is being chaired by Roger Harrabin, Environment analyst, BBC.
High-profile speakers include:
- Rt Hon Ed Davey, former secretary of state for energy & climate change and chairman, Mongoose Energy
- Iain Wright MP, Chair, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee
- Vincent de Rivaz CBE, Chief executive officer, EDF Energy
- Keith Anderson, Chief corporate officer, ScottishPower and chief executive officer, ScottishPower Renewables
- Basil Scarsella, Chief executive officer, UK Power Networks
- Dermot Nolan, Chief executive, Ofgem
- Gareth Burns, Managing director, Statoil Energy Ventures
- Dr Rachel Cooper, Head of energy storage, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Dr Felix Lerch, Country chairman UK, Uniper
- Andy Koss, Chief executive, Drax Power
- Cordi O’Hara, Director, UK system operator, National Grid
Why you should attend
- Discuss the likely implications of Brexit on UK energy & climate change policy
- Debate the practicalities of ensuring security of supply in the medium term
- Assess the investor landscape for renewable energy and the low-carbon economy
- Gain insight into the challenges of delivering a smart, flexible and integrated energy system
To view more details and to register, visit: events.utilityweek.co.uk/summit
Alternatively, contact Nicola Gillman on (01342) 332045 or email email@example.com
Login on register to comment
The future for vegetation management
Why networks should focus on data not trees to overcome the costly challenges involved in vegetation management
An unprecedented opportunity for change
Why short interruptions will matter in RIIO-ED2 and how to address them.
Time for less talk and more action on decarbonisation
Core "oven-ready" solutions to decarbonising heat and transport exist today and should be implemented without delay, says WPD's future power networks expert.
Related supplier content
Load patterns and lockdown: how Covid-19 is impacting electricity networks
Insights into dynamics on the low voltage network as the outbreak unfolds
How E.ON. is helping the City of London become a zero emissions city
Discover Citigen. Deep in the heart of our bustling capital
The Innovation Factor: Managing the transition to smart communication technologies in the electricity distribution sector white paper
The transition from legacy communications systems to new technologies can seem daunting for organisations in the electricity sector. But with market dynamics changing rapidly