Report finds lightning strike played a part in blackout
An interim report from National Grid Electricity System Operator (NGESO) says that a lightning strike and the sudden loss of two large electricity generators was to blame for this month's blackout.
Leadsom sets out scope of investigation into power cuts
The government has set out the scope of its review into the actions of the National Grid Electricity System Operator after Friday's power cuts.
Ofgem sets deadline for power cut report
Energy regulator Ofgem has written to the National Grid Electricity System Operator requesting an "urgent interim report" into last week's major power cut by Friday (16 August).
National Grid CEO responds to power cut criticism
National Grid Group chief executive John Pettigrew says lessons can and must be learnt following Friday's power cut which left thousands of customers without power. Here, he responds to criticism over its role in the incident.
Government launches investigation into major power outage
The government has launched an investigation into the power cut on Friday (9 August) that led to major disruption across the UK's power and transport networks.
Major power cut could have been prevented, expert claims
Friday's (9 August) major power cut was caused by an issue known to National Grid and could have been prevented, according to an expert from energy storage company Anesco.