Outstanding health and safety recognised at Utility Week Awards 2017
Three weeks left to enter annual awards
15th August 2017 by Networks
A new category, health and safety, has been added to the Utility Week awards.
The Utility Week Awards, run by Network’s sister title Utility Week, will be presented on 11 December at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London. The deadline for submissions is Friday 8 September.
The awards recognise excellence across the industry and reward organisations that have achieved outstanding performance in the last year.
Lead judge for the health and safety award, former Thames Water chief executive Martin Baggs, said: “It is fantastic to see Health and Safety as new category this year recognising the focus the industry has on looking after our people. Health and safety is at the heart of everything we do and for the winning entry to stand out they will need to show where they have gone beyond anything else creating a new benchmark and where this can be shared for others to follow.”
The 11 award categories are open to any company involved in the utilities sector – companies producing, distributing and retailing energy or water. Other companies are welcome to enter jointly with utility partners.
New judging process and entry guidance for 2017
- As the number of entries keeps growing, Utility Week has introduced a new two-stage judging process to ensure that every entry continues to receive in-depth consideration from a panel of industry leaders.
- Each category now has a lead judge and with some of the biggest names in the business on the judging panel, the bar is set high.
- Utility Week promises to provide every shortlisted entrant with a benchmarking report detailing the strengths and weaknesses of their entry in relation to their peers, based on feedback from our judges. It will publish detailed case studies of the winning entries over the course of 2018, so everyone can see what it takes to win one of these coveted awards.
The important dates for your diary are:
• Call for entries – now open
• Entry deadline – Friday 8 September
• Award ceremony – Monday 11 December
Utility Week would like to thank Capgemini, Vision Consulting, CGI, Ordnance Survey and Lowri Beck for their support of the 2017 Awards.
For more information, visit: www.utilityweekawards.co.uk
Login on register to comment
From the front line: Chris Garside and Andy Simcoe, Northern Gas Networks
Key workers across the power and gas networks are playing a critical role in the national response to Coronavirus. Network has committed to profiling their stories.
New construction director at Switch2 Energy
Appointee brings experience from Vattenfall and Eon
Call for key worker nominations
Network magazine to celebrate dedication of critical staff