Decarbonisation. The watchword for the energy sector for the last few years, but one that is driving the agenda and business plans forward for the UK's energy networks. This renewed carbon-free vigour comes from one of former Prime Minister Theresa May's last acts in office, committing the UK to be a net zero carbon emitter by 2050 - a significant jump up from the 20% of 1990 levels previously targeted at the same point.
What's more, the UK's electricity and gas networks are facing up to increasingly stiff RIIO2 price controls. T2 and GD2 are at crunch point, and the hard work is really getting underway for ED2.
Ofgem is having to react to this step change in climate goals and is expected to place a strong emphasis on supporting decarbonisation by linking network returns to performance against decarbonisation goals.
The 2020 Future Networks Conference returns at a crucial point, responding to this unparalleled confluence of events and demand for clarity as business plans are being created and submitted.
Join CEOs, COOs, directors, heads and managers responsible for networks, regulation, strategy and more, to set out how Net Zero will be addressed within the imminent RIIO2 constraints. The conference will set out what flexibility options can be deployed where and who will be paying for them.
Only here can you:
- Gain insight from Ofgem on RIIO2 and network CEOs on reaching the Net Zero Carbon challenge
- Collaborate with all UK networks to prepare for the regionalisation of the energy system
- Co-design the energy system of the future
- Decode the data conundrum with data and transformation experts
Our expert speakers include:
- Basil Scarsella, Chief executive, UK Power Networks
- Frank Mitchell, Chief Executive, Scottish Power Energy Networks
- Akshay Kaul, Director of network price controls, Ofgem
- Christianna Logan, Director of customers and stakeholders, SSE
- Phil Sheppard, Director of gas, National Grid
- Ed Syson, Chief safety and strategy officer, Cadent
- Lord Deben, Chair, Committee on Climate Change
- And more…