The Utility Week Energy Summit is the leading event for energy producers, distributors, retailers, government, investors, consultants and wider stakeholders to debate and shape UK energy policy.
The 2017 event will reassess Britain's place in a post-Brexit world; take a pragmatic approach to medium-term energy strategy; assess the challenges and opportunities of an integrated energy system; and tackle the best way forward to realise a long-term energy vision in the UK.
The day is being chaired by Roger Harrabin, Environment analyst, BBC.
High-profile speakers include:
- Rt Hon Ed Davey, former secretary of state for energy & climate change and chairman, Mongoose Energy
- Iain Wright MP, Chair, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee
- Vincent de Rivaz CBE, Chief executive officer, EDF Energy
- Keith Anderson, Chief corporate officer, ScottishPower and chief executive officer, ScottishPower Renewables
- Basil Scarsella, Chief executive officer, UK Power Networks
- Dermot Nolan, Chief executive, Ofgem
- Gareth Burns, Managing director, Statoil Energy Ventures
- Dr Rachel Cooper, Head of energy storage, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Dr Felix Lerch, Country chairman UK, Uniper
- Andy Koss, Chief executive, Drax Power
- Cordi O'Hara, Director, UK system operator, National Grid
Why you should attend
- Discuss the likely implications of Brexit on UK energy & climate change policy
- Debate the practicalities of ensuring security of supply in the medium term
- Assess the investor landscape for renewable energy and the low-carbon economy
- Gain insight into the challenges of delivering a smart, flexible and integrated energy system
To view more details and to register, visit: events.utilityweek.co.uk/summit
Alternatively, contact Nicola Gillman on (01342) 332045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org